THE STATE OF CYBERSECURITY IN THE ASSOCIATION INDUSTRY
The truth is this:
The average cost of a single cyber attack exceeds $3.86 million.
But the aftermath is even greater.
- 54% of companies experience a loss in productivity.
- 43% have negative customer experiences.
- 37% see a loss in brand reputation.
And all of this results in a post-breach opportunity cost loss of over $4.2 million.
Basically what we’re saying is: cybersecurity must become your new best friend. And here’s why:
- Grand Theft Data, a McAfee report on data exfiltration found that employees cause 43% of data loss.
- 64% of security professionals felt data loss prevention (DLP) technology could have prevented their data exfiltration events.
- RiskBased Security revealed that 7.9 billion records were exposed by data breaches in the first nine months of 2019. (That’s over double — 112% to be exact — the number of records exposed in 2018.)
- By 2021, more than $1 trillion is predicted to be spent on global cybersecurity.
But that’s why we’re here.
We strip down the tech jargon, so you can fully assess the big picture and craft research informed, actionable cybersecurity strategies.
To help you get started, we’ve surveyed a cross section of trade and professional associations so you can gain full insight into the state of IT security around the globe and what you should be doing now.